Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Reflection

So that was a pretty good year, apart from the rain! Probably the major talking topic of 2012, the awful weather! We were lucky enough to escape it for a few weeks in the summer, but generally we should have enough rainfall to see us through 2013!

The year has started well with a beautiful sunny day yesterday. After very little sleep and a few hours of clearing up after our new years party (which was AWESOME, thanks everyone!) we went for a lovely walk with friends, which helped wake me up! It's been a crazy, hectic and busy past week, but the highlight has been family and friends. I honestly cannot praise and thank God enough for this blessing and gift. I hope to pray for and reach out to those more who are without family in 2013, because I cannot imagine not having this in my life. 

I wonder what this year will hold. A wise friend told me that we must not fear what might be ahead, but look forward in faith. Whether hardship or joy is to come in 2013, we know what God has always been faithful to us, and will be again. 

This past year has consisted of many things, surgery, losing a family member, Diamond Jubilee, Olympics, meeting the Queen (!), going back to Canada and seeing loved ones, meeting Sara Groves and listening to her in concert (inspirational), tension in the middle east,  lessons learned in faith and relationships, contentment and patience.

I hope in 2013 I can embrace God's word more than ever, realising that there is nothing that will satisfy more than this. Pray without ceasing, use my time for others, listen, show my children the love of Jesus, pursue my childminding career, keep fit!

Time's up and dinner needs to be made...

God bless all of you in this coming year, and I hope God grants you peace x




1 comment:

  1. So wonderful, Becky!
    God has been gracious to so many of us. Seeing you, Pete and the boys was the highlight of the year for me (along with Sarah & Jim's wedding & Maggie, of course!)

    It seems a visitor from overseas is one thing 2013 holds for you and your family! Uncle Doug hopes to be there in June sometime...we just have to find a ticket at a reasonable price and then the date will be set!
    If I have my way, this year will see both Peter-dad and I coming over. Just a dream still, but who knows?!

    All in all, I hope this year sees the return of Christ. I hope God will be gracious to all our family when that day occurs.

    God's continued blessing to you,
    Love, Nancy-Mum

    ReplyDelete