Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Chicken Pox

It's only Wednesday? Are you serious? Boy oh boy, what a painfully slow week! Made even more painful by a broken washing machine, one boy with chicken pox and rainy days!

So I got 3 loads of washing done at my mum's yesterday which was such a help so I feel more on top of that now. But the list of jobs just keeps getting longer and longer as each day goes by and I still can't get much done, apart from cook dinner, because of a poorly Asher who wants cuddles and love! I don't mind the cuddles and love, I LOVE the cuddles and love, but it's just no good when the floors keep gaining another layer of grease and grime each day, and the vacuuming can't get done, and the bathrooms are filthy and the toys are everywhere. Well I just don't bother putting the toys away anymore. I used to put them away at the end of the day, but while they have been ill and i've been so exhausted, i've just left them out. They'll only get them out again first thing in the morning!!!

But today I have to get into action. I can't have people over for bible class tomorrow night and the house be in this state. At least I don't have to go out in the rain to go shopping, we have cupboards full of food thanks to Tesco home delivery! So where should I start? Might be a good idea to mop those floors and clean the toilets! Hmmmm, such appealing jobs.

On the plus side, Isaac just willingly got the potty, sat on it and did a big poo! and a wee! Maybe it's time to start potty training. It's one of those things I am just not ready to start yet though, because once you start you gotta be commited! Am I ready for accidents and poo on the floor again!?!? Maybe I'll wait til the washing machine is fixed or we've bought a new one (most likely) or maybe once the spring comes and it's warmer weather then I can just let him run wild in the garden with the potty!

But enough of the dreary stuff, there's still so much I am thankful for and I gotta remember that! We are all well again since the AWFUL flu that hit our home a few weeks ago. It's so nice to have Isaac back being his cute happy self. Apart from the chicken pox, which will inevitably hit Isaac next (poor thing) we are doing good and I am much less fatigued this week. I have news from my consultant that he should be able to operate late March early April, which is not too far away and I am thankful, ready to get that over and done with.

Time to get some lunch made, and that means nap time is in sight! Good job because Isaac is getting cranky. Not surprised as he was up at 6:30am!


No comments:

Post a Comment