Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Wednesday

So one week on and the germs have nearly left the house, but not quite! It's been a tough and exhausting week of getting barely anything done, relying on oven cooked food for mealtimes, accepting the mess and too much TV! I am much better now, just left quite lethargic, but am slowly getting back on top of the washing, cleaning and meal planning! Isaac is still suffering, but improving slowly. His fever is not so frequent now and he' started to eat a few cheerios a day which is a good sign, but the poor lamb is still weak and restless and just wants to be held. We've read a LOT of stories in the last few days!

I am always trying to find lessons from everyday experiences like these. I like to think there is always something we can learn or take from a difficult day or week, so it doesn't feel quite so wasted. I have definitely felt God's love and Grace again in this week of illness. God is all knowing and all powerful. He knows the end from the beginning and it is in the everyday miracles that this is really confirmed for me. Being a mother in itself is challenging and tiring, but being an ill mum is almost impossible! God knew how ill I was going to get last week, to the point where I couldn't even get out of bed or sit up. Nancy extended her ticket 2 days before I got ill, meaning she was here to help with the kids and cook and clean and look after me. THANK YOU GOD. My mum came over on the Wednesday and picked up Asher from nursery, another blessing because I was still in no state to get out of bed, let alone out of the house! Then on the Friday when Nancy was spending the day with Sarah, Pete's shift was changed for no reason which meant he had the day off. Once again God knew. Then on the Saturday when Pete was back at work local friends helped me out by having Asher a few times in the day allowing Isaac (who by this time was ill) and myself to sleep. These things really show me that God was truthful when he said he would not let us be tested beyond what we can bear. (1 Cor 10v13). His promises to love us and protect us are really seen when he helps us through challenging experiences, even the smaller things like these.

So as the week of illness draws to an end and a new week begins I am feeling encouraged and close to God, thankful and blessed to be on the mend. I am hoping lots of Vit C, zinc and echinacha, healthy eating and gallons of water will get me back on track! Now I am off to check on Isaac who is sleeping, best thing for him, play with Asher and peel some potatoes! Sausages and mash tonight with lots of steamed veg! Still keeping the meals simple so not to get too tired out, but nutritious! Bye for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment