Thursday, 12 April 2012

April already!

It's great to have got the chicken pox out of the way since my last post, although Isaac's bout of it was pretty traumatic! I hope we never have to go there again! Life has been pretty steady since then, fighting a lingering cold in the background for the last few weeks but that seems to be the story of my life! Isaac is potty trained, Hallelujah! We are now on Easter Holidays and enjoying Asher being at home, no school runs and pancake breakfasts!

Only 11 days now until my next Operation, so I think that is very much at the forefront of my mind at the moment. General preparations going on in the background, who's going to be helping out when, getting meals made to freeze ready for when I am confined to my bed for bedrest! I have my pre-op tomorrow, another annoying appointment going over the same old stuff I've heard a million times, but I know it must be done.

So, the carrots, parsnips and potatoes are peeled ready for our yummy roast beef dinner tonight, and looking forward to Sarah, Jim and Maggie getting here! This is our weekend now, as Pete had to work the whole of Easter wkd so we missed out on a nice meal with family! Time to look up Dad's amazing beef gravy recipe!

I will leave you with a verse I read this morning which reminded me how much I appreciate kind and encouraging words when my anxiety gets the better of me...

'An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up' Prov 12v25.

No comments:

Post a Comment