I dragged myself out of bed this morning feeling strangely fatigued even though i'd had 7 hours sleep. I traipsed downstairs, sleepily laid out some cereal for the boys and set them up for breakfast, prayed with them and then stumbled back up the stairs bleary eyed and got in the shower. That helped, and once dressed and out the door to take Asher to nursery I felt much more normal. Once back at home I ate someone, took a multivitamin and omega oils and settled on the sofa to do some reading. But after 3 chapters of Job, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I tried to shuffle about, change positions but I admitted defeat realising I wasn't taking in any of what Job was saying, and fell asleep, like turning a light bulb off, click, I was asleep. I haven't felt THAT tired for ages!
During which time Pete (who doesn't start work until 1pm and works til 10pm) made lunch and went out with Isaac to pick Asher up from nursery at 11:30. I woke up for lunch, which helped and cleared up, put Isaac down for a nap and now I am sitting here trying my hardest to stop my head hitting the pillow again!!! It's a miserable rainy day outside which doesn't help because I would force myself outside for some fresh air, but I don't want to get all soggy and cold and wet today. Not today.
So in the hope of salvaging this day and not spending the rest of it dosing on the sofa while the boys run riot, I am going to go peel potatoes for dinner, set up some painting for the boys to do, make a phone call and write a letter, and then once those few things are done maybe I will permit myself a 20 minute sit down and not feel guilty because at least I would have done SOMETHING!
No comments:
Post a Comment