Thursday, 19 January 2012

Grace

I doubt anyone ever reads this, but that's not too important really. It's a really nice outlet to just type all your thoughts out. Like a diary or journal, but much more efficient - much faster than handwriting and my hand isn't aching after 10 minutes. I find handwriting tiresome for some reason, although I love to send letters to friends, but my handwriting is AWFUL, and I mean awful, like my teachers used to struggle to understand my essays at school!!!

I actually forgot about this blog to be honest, and reading the last post I had written a whole year ago makes me wonder how time can go so fast without noticing! I am put to shame reading last years new years resolutions because I have totally failed, and that's hard to take, but I will not be discouraged because I am human and God's Grace is sufficient.


This year has been FULL. Moving house was fun, (and stressful and tiring!!!) but it's good to be settled in our own place that we can call home and do what we want to it. Today we had plasterers in to fix the hallway and landing walls so we hope to paint when that has dried. We have not chosen a colour yet, really have no clue what to pick, am hoping it will just come to me when we go to B&Q. So today has been pretty hectic trying to keep the boys from accidentally running into the wet plastered walls or tripping over ladders and dust sheets! I have had little patience today actually which didn't help and struggled when they decided they didn't want to listen when I asked them to tidy toys away or sit on their bottoms to eat their dinner! It's bizarre how some days I can be over-spilling with patience and other days the smallest thing will tip me over the edge. At least I can walk into their bedrooms tonight while they are sleeping and with one look I fall right back in love with them as they snore away and know tomorrow is a new day and God will supply all my needs.

God's Grace is so apparent in my life at the moment. Whenever I just don't think I can rise to the challenge he has set me, his constant Grace and mercy pulls me through. In finding out I need more surgery...my human thinking is anger, frustration, disbelief and pain, but then he reminds me that 'Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked will I depart. The LORD gives and the LORD takes away. May the name of YAHWEH be PRAISED' Job 1v21.
Every breath I breathe is from him and every step I take is because he keeps me from stumbling. And so I ask him to help me remember that every day and go on living with gratitude in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment