Monday, 15 November 2010

Monday Morning

I have really been spoilt this year for my Birthday. Flowers delivered to my door, gifts in the post, an afternoon out in Stratford with hubby - no kids! Shopping, more gifts, more flowers, lovely food, family time, cake...and to top it off, a SURPRISE meal with all my dear friends. Thank you so much to everyone who were a part of my day. Thank you so much Pete for being so thoughtful and knowing what would really touch my heart.

My friends mean everything to me. They ARE everything to me. They are from God and I praise him for that blessing in my life, because without them I would be nothing. They have brought me through the ups and downs of my life. They have listened, they have rebuked, they have cried with me, laughed with me. They have taught me life lessons and showed me the love of God through their friendships.

And now here we are back to Monday morning, with birthday cake for breakfast and the usual to catch up on after the weekend - washing, cleaning, sorting. Another huge bag has been put out for charity because I have a policy that if I get some new clothes, I have to find something to give away that I perhaps don't wear much anymore, or if I haven't worn something for over a year, that automatically goes in a charity bag! So sorting has been done, birthday gifts put away, Asher is at playgroup and Isaac is asleep so I actually have some quiet time to do something edifying!

What will I do with this precious time? Will I use it for God's will, or my own? That is the question...

No comments:

Post a Comment