The house is quiet, all I can hear is Asher snoring beside me. What? I can hear snoring? I can HEAR snoring? I can HEAR? Yes, that's right, I CAN HEAR!!! Yesterday I spent my morning at the hearing centre getting new hearing aids fitted, and boy is it about time! I had my first pair over 2 years ago now and since then my hearing has deteriorated even more, and so have been given some more powerful ones. I just cannot believe I have been coping for so long with my old ones, straining to hear any sound, not hearing the front door knock, the kids, the beeper on the oven, prayers at church! But now I can hear again, a whole world of sound that I had forgotten existed. I can hear sirens, the noise of the wind in the trees, cars, people talking, footsteps, stuff that I just couldn't pick up before. Now I don't have to strain and feel the terrible frustration that goes along with hearing loss! I am eternally grateful and very thankful for modern technology that allows these amazing devices to be made.
Now there has to be some spiritual lesson in that somewhere...
Psa 115:1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!
Psa 115:2 Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?"
Psa 115:3 Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.
Psa 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands.
Psa 115:5 They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see.
Psa 115:6 They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell.
Psa 115:7 They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat.
We all have ears, but do we hear? We all have ears, but do we LISTEN? What is God trying to tell you? Is is trying to speak to you, but you cannot hear. Are you deaf? Is he SHOUTING to you, but you are non the wiser? OPEN your ears, OPEN your eyes, OPEN your heart! He is all around you. He is there in the everyday miracles of your life, in the stuff that could have happened but didn't, in the blessed end result. You don't HAVE to be deaf, your ears work just fine, so use them to listen, and listen carefully.
Hey Bec, I'm glad you can hear again! It's like how I felt when I got contacts (my eyes were really bad) I was missing an entire world of things around me, and contacts changed everything! I saw your comment on my blog about the recipe - can you send me your current email (I think I have it, just want to make sure it's the right one) and I'll send it to you?
ReplyDelete