Friday, 26 March 2010

What a day...

FINALLY I get to sit down, and with a tub of vanilla praline ice cream in my hand! HA, I think I deserve it after the day I've had! I have had to practice PATIENCE for sure...

Well, the day began at 5:30am with a SCREAMING Asher. I stumbled out of bed, eyes still closed, found my way to his room and tried to persuade him to get back into bed for more sleep, it isn't quite morning yet! But no, 'more more more' is all he had to say! NO, not 'MORE' I thought. I know what 'more' means. More means food and once food is on his mind, there's no changing it! How can he be waking up this early, hungry? ARGH! Well, it was probably because yesterday he hardly ate a thing because we've all been poorly all week and not felt like eating and yesterday particularly he went to bed without eating any dinner, and only a tiny bit of cereal to try and fill him up, which was unlike him! So at 5:30 this morning I shouldn't have been surprised to hear him up demanding food...

So, the day went from there, busy busy as usual. I hadn't managed to do any cleaning all week so the house was a mess, so as I was feeling much better than earlier in the week, I decided to use today to catch on on cleaning the bathrooms, floors and laundry! However, what should have been just the expected 1 load of laundry, turned into 3 loads of laundry! Not long after Isaac's morning feed, he vomited the WHOLE lot up all over me and the bedcovers! I thought it was just perhaps a one off so didn't think anything of it, just cleaned him up and put him down for a nap because he didn't seem interested in anymore milk. However, since than he has vomited another 3 times, basically thrown up every single feed all day! He must have a stomach bug...or perhaps it is not a bug and he is just vomited because of all the mucus, as he has the awful cold/cough we have all had! Whatever the cause, today has been a day of changing outfit after outfit and cleaning up vomit, shoving in another load of laundry and changing my clothes a million times too! LOL.

So I sit here now, in my PJ's, with my tub of ice cream and my glass of port, in complete silence as the boys are both fast asleep in bed (...but for how long?) glad that this day is finally over and I can put my feet up for an hour before I go to bed!

Thank you God for giving me the strength and patience and amazing energy to get through this 15 hour day!!!! I could not have done it without you. And despite this crazy day, I still feel JOY and LOVE, as I think of caring for my boys while they are ill. Motherly love eh, it's incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment